优美英文诗歌5篇(双语版)

优美英文诗歌5篇(双语版)

I'm Imperfect, but I'm Perfectly Me我不完美,但很完整My body isn't perfect.我的身体不完美。下面就是小编给大家带来的英文诗歌,希望能帮助到大家!

1Virtue

美德

George Herbert

乔治•赫伯特

Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright, The bridal of the earth and sky;

美好的白昼,如此凉爽、沉静、明亮, 仿佛天空和大地喜结连理;

The dew shall weep thy fall tonight, For thou must die.

但今晚露珠将为你的落幕而悲伤, 因为你终归难逃一死。

Sweet rose, shoes hue, angry and brave, Bids the rash gazer wipe his eye;

可爱的玫瑰,你的娇容,绯红夺目, 令鲁莽的花痴忙着把眼睛擦拭;

Thy root is ever in its grave, And thou must die. Sweet spring, full of sweet days and roses,

但你的根永远连着它的坟墓, 终归免不了一死。 美好的春天,满载美好的白昼和玫瑰,

A box where sweets compacted lie; My music shows ye have your closes, And all must die.

好似装满各样妙物的芬芳匣子; 但我的诗分明唱起了你的挽歌, 万物终归有生有死。

Only a sweet and virtuous soul, Like seasoned timber, never gives;

惟有一颗美好而高尚的心灵, 犹如风干的木材,永不腐烂;

But though the whole world turn to coal, Then chiefly lives.

即使整个世界化为灰烬, 它依然风骨不散。

2What Is Success

成功的内涵

Ralph Waldo Emerson

拉尔夫•沃尔多•爱默生

What is success? To laugh often and love much; To win the respect of intelligent people

成功是什么? 笑口常开,爱心永在, 赢得智者的尊重,

And the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics

孩子们的爱戴; 博得真诚的认可,

And endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others;

容忍损友的背叛;欣赏美好的东西, 发现别人的可爱。

To give one’s self; To leave the world a little better, Whether by a healthy child,

学会无私地奉献, 给世界增添光彩:要么培育出健康的孩子,

A garden patch, Or a redeemed social condition; To have played and laughed with enthusiasm

要么留下花园一块, 亦或是改善社会条件;

And sung with exultation; To know even one life has breathed easier,

尽情娱乐、笑得畅快, 把欢乐的歌唱起来;甚至知道一个生命活得自在,

Because you have lived... This is to have succeeded.

因为你的一路走来…… 这就是成功的内涵。

  3When I Have Fears

每当我害怕

John Keats

约翰•济慈

When I have fears that I may cease to be Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain,

每当我害怕生命或许就要止息, 我的笔来不及苦集盈溢的思绪,

Before high piled books, in charactery, Hold like rich garners the full-ripened grain;

或把文字变为高高堆起的书籍, 像饱贮的谷仓蓄满成熟的谷米;

When I behold, upon the night’s starred face, Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,

每当我看见那缀满繁星的夜景, 巨大星云画出非凡的传奇幻像,

And think that I may never live to trace Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;

想到即使运气帮忙,对我垂青, 生前或许也无法追摹这些云影;

And when I feel, fair creature of an hour! That I shall never look upon thee more,

每当我感到那瞬间即逝的美颜, 也许从今以后再也不可能看见,

Never have relish in the faery power Of unreflecting love;

更无法享受轻松爱情魔力若仙

—then on the shore Of the wide world I stand alone,

——于是,在广袤世界的崖岸, 我形孤影单地伫立,

and think Till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink.

细细思量, 直到爱与声名沉入乌有的穹苍。

  4The Significance of Failure

失败的意义

Robert H. Schuller

罗伯特•舒乐

Failure doesn't mean you are a failure,

失败并不代表你是个失败者

It does mean you haven't succeeded yet.

它只表明你尚未成功

Failure doesn't mean you have accomplished nothing,

失败并不代表你一无所获

It does mean you have learned something.

它只表明你吸取了一次教训

Failure doesn't mean you have been a fool,

失败并不代表你很愚蠢

It does mean you had a lot of faith.

它只表明你信心百倍

Failure doesn't mean you've been disgraced,

失败并不代表你无脸见人

It does mean you were willing to try.

它只表明你百折不回

Failure doesn't mean you don't have it,

失败并不代表白费功夫

It does mean you have to do something in a different way.

它只表明你的方法仍待改进

Failure doesn't mean you are inferior,

失败并不代表你低人一等

It does mean you are not perfect.

它只表明你也并非完人

Failure doesn't mean you've wasted your life,

失败并不代表你浪费了生命

It does mean you have a reason to start afresh.

它只表明你有理由重新开始

Failure doesn't mean you should give up,

失败并不代表你应该放弃

It does mean you must try harder.

它只表明你要加倍努力

Failure doesn't mean you'll never make it,

失败并不代表成功永远不属于你

It does mean it will take a little longer.

它只表明你可能需要付出更多的时间

Failure doesn't mean God has abandoned you,

失败并不代表上帝已经将你抛弃

It does mean God has a better idea.

它只表明上帝还有更好的主意

  5Results And Roses

硕果和玫瑰

Edgar Albert Guest

埃德加•阿尔贝特•格斯特

The man who wants a garden fair, Or small or very big,

要想有个美丽花园, 面积大小姑且不管,

With flowers growing here and there, Must bend his back and dig.

只要园中长满鲜花, 就必须把汗水挥洒。

The things are mighty few on earth, That wishes can attain,

有愿望就能实现, 这样的事还真是少见,

Whatever we want of any worth, We?ve got to work to gain.

只要想要的东西有价值, 就得靠努力去创造。

It matters not what goal you seek,

目标是什么并不重要,

Its secret here reposes: You've got to dig from week to week,

秘诀终归只有一条: 周复一周不怕劳累,

To get results or roses.

才能收获硕果或者玫瑰。